ALWILCOX-L and ALWILCOX-D
ALWILCOX is an email discussion list covering Wilcox County, Alabama.
To receive ALWILCOX in list format, send SUBSCRIBE and nothing else in the message part of your email to ALWILCOX-Lfirstname.lastname@example.org
To receive ALWILCOX in digest format, send SUBSCRIBE and nothing else in the message part of your email to ALWILCOX-Demail@example.com
To unsubscribe to either list, send the command UNSUBSCRIBE to ALWILCOX-Lfirstname.lastname@example.org (if in list mode) or ALWILCOX-Demail@example.com (if in digest mode.)
To switch from one mode to the other, unsubscribe from one and then subscribe to the other. There is no "no mail" mode -- if you want messages to stop, you should simply unsubscribe.
To post to both ALWILCOX-L and ALWILCOX-D, messages should be sent to ALWILCOX-L@rootsweb.com. Messages sent there will appear in both places.
If you need further information on email discussion lists, such as the difference between list and digest formats, see About Mailing Lists at the RootsWeb Genealogical Data Cooperative website.
Please take a moment to read our List Rules and Guidelines:
* This list is for the discussion of Genealogy and History, primarily regarding WILCOX COUNTY. Discussion of migration patterns, immigration, heraldry, historical sketches, census data, wills, family Bibles, vital records, web sites, etc. as relates to WILCOX COUNTY is encouraged as well as discussion of bordering counties. Public announcements of information of interest to genealogists in general though it may not be specific to WILCOX COUNTY is permitted but please use discretion.
* Do not post virus warnings, test messages, chain letters, political announcements, current events, items for sale, personal messages, etc. For information on virus hoaxes and urban legends see http://www.kumite.com/myths/ among others.
* Please do not send file attachments (messages with files appended) to the list. If you have a file you would like to share with the members, announce what you have to offer, then send the file only to those who request it, via private email.
* No rude comments or flaming in the list! No discussion of flaming in the list. For definitions of flaming and related information see these sites:http://www.man.ac.uk/~zlsiira/Netiquette/flame.html or
* Do not impose any other rules or conditions, expressed or implied elsewhere, upon this list. Rules of other forums may not necessarily apply here. Do not try to regulate this list. If you do not like the way someone formats their queries or responses, or the content of their subject titles, take it up with the listowner, NOT in the list. The list is for Genealogy and History.
* Small gedcom files are discouraged but not banned from the list (send in a message, NOT as a file attachment) as long as the resulting message is no larger than 61440 bytes maximum.
* Try to keep quoting to a minimum. "Quoting" is repeating text of the message you are replying to. Some quoting is necessary to remind other readers what the thread is about but do try to use good judgement. Quoting the previous writer's signature block or surname list is totally unnecessary.
* Surname lists are okay but please try to limit them to say, half a dozen names. Any more than that and many people just won't read them. Try keeping several small lists and rotate them with each succeeding message.
B.J. Smothers, listowner
Back to the Wilcox County Homepage
Copyright © 1999 by B.J. Smothers. All rights reserved.